<<< Back to Restoration Projects
1968 Datsun Roadster
Owned by Jim Kearney. Frequently raced.
- Car was delivered to Fort Pitt
Classic Cars with fenders and chrome removed.
- Engine and transmission was removed. A new clutch was installed. The
body and engine compartment was media blasted.
- U-Pol protectorate was applied to the engine compartment and front of
the car, then the front section was primed and painted.
- The engine and transmission was reinstalled.
- Dents and imperfections were removed from the body and the body refined.
- A paint primer was applied to the car, then a ‘guide’ coat was applied
and the body ‘wet sanded’ to provide a smooth and ‘level’ surface for
the final paint.
- The motor and
transmission was reinstalled and made operational.
- Following, the
final paint will be applied and ‘wet sanded’, then the body