1958 Chevrolet Corvette
- VIN: J58S109045
- Built July 1958 at the St. Louis Plant
- Mileage: 37,500 (believed to be original)
- 320 HP 283 believed to be original with matching dates, stamp reads F7I4CQ
- Decoded: Flint, July 14th, 320HP 283 w/ 4bbl carb and manual trans
- 4 speed
- 3.70:1 Positraction Rear Axle
- 15 inch wheels
- Two Tone Paint: Tuxedo Black w/ Silver cove (199 made with this paint option)
- Wonderbar Radio
- Family owned since the early 60’s. Bought from original owner by father, now owned by son
- Two repaints, most recent about 20 years ago
- Recent Mechanical Service: new engine and trans mounts, rebuilt carb with new gasket, shifter lubricated, steering linkage adjusted, fresh oil and filter, greased chassis, new wheel bearings.
- For sale on consignment by Fort Pitt Classic Cars
The ‘58 Corvette is known for being the first year for the 4 headlight front-end design. Louvered hood and chrome accents on the trunk lid were part of the ‘58 only design. Notably, the interior was also redesigned with a center mounted tach.
This Corvette has been owned by the same family for about 58 years. It’s been well maintained the entire time and always stored indoors. It had a laquer repaint in the original colors about 20 years ago and shows well. Paint has a nice shiny finish with only a few small defects including a few paint cracks on the hood. Chrome appears in good condition as well. This Corvette was recently serviced, having the factory carb rebuilt along with new engine and trans mounts, new wheel bearings, fresh oil and filter, shifter lubricated, steering linkage adjusted, and greased chassis. To the seller’s knowledge, the engine has never been rebuilt. Overall this Corvette is a pleasant driving experience and the 4 speed makes the most of the available power. This vehicle is for sale on consignment by Fort Pitt Classic Cars. Please ask us any questions you have about this Corvette.